We provide a curriculum that is inspiring, creative and challenging where key skills such as problem solving, thinking and working with others are fundamental to teaching and learning across the school. We often integrate subjects such as History, Geography, Science, Art and Design Technology with Maths, English and Computing, helping pupils to make meaningful connections between areas of study. If you would like to find out more information about our curriculum, please go to the prospectus or ring the school office.
Our Curriculum Aims
Our curriculum has been designed to provide our children with all the skills, knowledge and experiences they need make good progress.
We aim to:
- Support and encourage learning from each other through collaboration, enquiry and experience, providing ample opportunities for children to learn outside the classroom
- Instil the skills and knowledge needed to be responsible citizens with an awareness of individual’s rights and responsibilities, in line with the UNCRC
- Foster high moral values, attitudes, skills and knowledge for active and responsible global citizenship
- Prepare pupils to be effective lifelong learners, eager to learn new things and ready for the next stage of their journey towards adult life and employment in a fast-changing world
- Motivate, encourage and enable pupils to achieve their best; meeting challenges and overcoming them, showing resilience and determination
- Help develop an understanding of the world in which we live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations
The Curriculum includes:
The school uses the new Primary National Curriculum 2014. We are shaping it to ensure children develop the knowledge and skills they need to achieve mastery learning; critically able to examine information, make judgements and use information in new ways. We want our children to be independent thinkers who are able to articulate their views and those of others.
The National Primary Curriculum 2014
Religious Education and Collective Worship
Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE)
All children study the core subjects of English and Mathematics. In addition, they study Science, Computing, Art and Design, Design Technology, History, Geography, French, Music, Physical Education and Religious Education